It is hereby notified that for the Class VIII, the State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme will be held on 05th November 2018. Under this scheme, scholarship is done for the benefit of the children of weaker sections of society. Scholarships are given to the students till they give up to the twelfth grade to complete their studies, for maximum 4 years. @ 500 / - (five hundred) per month.
Schedule for Assam NMMS for class VIII is given below.
Last date of submission of application form
20 Sep 2018
Availability of Admit Card
27 Oct 2018
Date of exam
05 Nov 2018
Admission letter or admit card for candidates is now available. Candidates can download their / their admission by following the link given below or by the official website by entering their application number or username. A candidate fails to submit the required information or deposit the required fees, his application will be rejected and no entry letter will be issued against him.
Students can submit applications for NMMS exam in both offline and online, for offline submission, during the office hours, the application form from the concerned inspector's office can be collected from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm. Within the scheduled date mentioned in the schedule
For offline – Application must be submitted to the following address: Application for NMMS Examination “Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati, PIN- 781019”.
For Online – Students can apply online from website www.madhyamik.in or through the direct link given below.
- The application process is over now!!
Steps to be followed by candidates
- Documents required for Online Form submission
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Declaration by Gazetted Officer.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Please download and print the Declaration by Gazetted Officer, and get it filled up by the head of the Institution / Gazetted Officer. Scan the same and keep it ready while online form submission you will need to upload it.
- Candidates should use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for best results.
- Applicant should have a valid email ID.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the online application form.
- Fill the online application form carefully and upload the scanned photo and signature (The size of the photo and signature should not be more than 35KB, 30KB, respectively. Photo and signature should be in '.jpeg' or '.jpg' format). It should be without cap or glasses Eyeglasses are allowed, candidates who do not follow these instructions or unclear images will be rejected.
- There is a provision to change the online application form before submission. However, the submit button should verify the entries given in the application form before clicking on the candidate. There is no provision to make changes in the online application form after clicking on the Submit button.
- Please remember the password you provided; this is important for further logging if you forget it, call the helpline number. 09769199421 [Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm]
- After submitting the online application form, you should take SBI Bank e-challan printout which is in two parts. After successful password, you can log in with your password and print it with your online submission form.
- The required fee is printed on your SBI bank e-challan. With this e-challan, from the second working day in any branch of the State Bank of India, pay the fee on the day of e-challan printing. Do not forget to submit your copy of the e-challan to the journal ID/transaction ID after depositing the fee.
- If any mistake is made during submission of the online application by the applicant, he can deposit it by filling out another online application before the deadline.
- Please note that if you make a mistake in filling the online application form, then it cannot be cured by Secondary Education Guwahati, Assam Director. Director of Secondary Education Guwahati, Assam will not take any kind of responsibility for such mistakes.
- The Applicant’s email id and mobile number will be used for further communication.
How to Deposit Fee
Fee: Rs.150/- per student of General Category. Rs.100/- per student of SC/ST Category.
For offline submission of application, the examination fee shall have to be deposited in the Bank A/C given below and the original receipt of pay-in-slip must be enclosed with the application.
Name and style of current A/C “National Talent Search Examination” Account No.30294941517 Bank SBI, Kahilipara Branch. Application fee deposited/ sent by another way shall not be entertained.
For online submission of application, the candidates have to deposit fee in any SBI Branch by e-challan generated by the online portal. The last date for submission of fees in Bank is 25 Sep 2017.
- The students studying in Govt. & Provincialized Schools are only eligible for NMMS Examination.
- The Parent’s/ Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs.1.5 lacs per annum.
- The students should have at least 55% marks in class VII.
Qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, and PH is 32% in each paper.
The results of Assam NMMS examination to be held on November 5, 2017 will be declared as per the above program. Candidates will be selected according to the basis of their performance in the examination and Reservation rules. As per official declaration, candidates can see the results of NMMS 2017 in Assam
Result link will be available here..!!
NMMS will be conducted on almost all district headquarters. However, depending on the number of candidates for examination from the district, the examination center can be increased or reduced by authorization.
Selection Test for NMMS
A written examination will be held for selection of candidates under the NMMSS Scheme.
Assam State quota is 2411.
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
- 5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category and
- 4% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
You can also check here: